[mythtv-users] cidbcast

Skip Patterson hunchbehr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 13:40:59 UTC 2006

On 6/28/06, Mike <stuff at dustsmoke.com> wrote:

> Skip Patterson wrote:
> > On 6/27/06, *Mike* <stuff at dustsmoke.com <mailto:stuff at dustsmoke.com>>
> > wrote:
> >
> >     Skip Patterson wrote:
> >     > Sorry if this may seem slightly OT but it is in regards to
> >     > Mythnotify.  Long time myth user, first time posting so be gentle.
> >     >
> >     > I'm running fedora core 4 (Mythdora) with pvr 250 and a 150 and
> >     using
> >     > an external Usr 56.6 k v.90 courier modem.  The modem is setup on
> >     > /dev/ttyS0 and I know the system can see it, the permissions are
> >     > correct (666) and if I run minicom I am able to communicate with
> >     the
> >     > modem and since I do subscribe to CallerId when I phone it does
> show
> >     > up in minicom however when I try running cidbcast I get an error
> >     > initializing the modem. Here is the output with verbose mode,
> >     any help
> >     > would be appreciated.
> >     >
> >     > [root at myth23 cidbcast]# ./cidbcast --verbose --device=/dev/ttyS0
> >     > --file cidbcast.xml --init="AT S7E S0=0 L0 V1 X4 &c1 E0 Q0
> #CID=1"
> >     > Verbose mode enabled
> >     > raw_message (460):
> >     > <telephone-event type="callerID" TTY="%cid_port%">
> >     >   <time stamp="%cid_time_stamp%" zone="%cid_time_zone%"
> >     > daylight-savings="%cid_daylight_saving%"
> second="%cid_time_second%"
> >     > minute="%cid_time_minute%" hour="%cid_time_hour%"
> >     day="%cid_time_day%"
> >     > month="%cid_time_month%"
> >     year="%cid_time_year%">%cid_time_string%</time>
> >     >   <ring-type>%cid_ring_type%</ring-type>
> >     >   <from>
> >     >     <name>%cid_name%</name>
> >     >     <number>%cid_number%</number>
> >     >   </from>
> >     > </telephone-event>
> >     > Send AT
> >     > Send AT
> >     > Send AT
> >     > error init modem
> >     > Error initializing modem /dev/ttyS0 - exiting
> >     >
> >     >
> >     > From other posts I've seen it looks like others see the init
> >     string go
> >     > out on the 3rd Send AT but mine does not seem to.  While the Send
> AT
> >     > commands are going there is activity on the modem led's.
> >     >
> >     >
> >     > thank you,
> >     > Ben
> >     >

> >     Does this work?
> >
> >     ./cidbcast --verbose --device=/dev/ttyS0 --file cidbcast.xml
> >     --init="AT
> >     #CID=1"
> >
> >     -Mike
> >

> > Hey Mike,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply, unfortunatly that produces the same results:

> [...]

Hey Mike, I tried without the init but same results as before, nothing goes
out on the 3rd Send AT.  I wasn't sure if that would work as I don't have
distinctive ring on my phone (the S41=1) but it didn't seem to matter.

I believe the groups are okay as I do seem to be able to access what I need,
I'm even trying to run cidbcast as root just to see if that works.  As far
as udev, I've never messed with that so I honestly don't know but I'm not
rebooting and the permissions are okay still.  I agree its something to do
with it not sending the init string, I've looked through the code but I
don't see any reason for it.  Is the latest cidbcast the one dated 9/13/03
still?  I looked in svn and it seemed to be dated the same.

thanks again,
Ben