[mythtv-users] Record Multiple Channels on a Single Multiplex(using getstream)?

Marco Nelissen marcone at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 28 15:16:44 UTC 2006

>Let me get this right, are you guys saying that I could have a single
>DVB-T, DVB-C or DVB-S card and then (if I have enough clients) watch EVERY
>FTA channel at the same time?

No. With a single tuner you could only record the channels that are being
multiplexed together and broadcast on the same frequency. You won't be able
to record more than 2-4 channels at the same time this way (and in many
cases it'll be only 1 channel), and you won't be able to freely choose which
channels those are (picking one determines the others).