[mythtv-users] Digital TV question

Timothy Waters timothy.waters at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 16:53:39 UTC 2006

No, just regular old analog. So would it work for that? I've got one
PVR-250MCE.

On 6/28/06, Mark J. Small <msmall at eastlink.ca> wrote:

> On Wednesday 28 June 2006 12:47, Timothy Waters wrote:
> > I'll ask again after tomorrow when the digital cable gets hooked up and
> > know what digital cable box I have and what's on it.
> >
> > Oh, I've got a 1.67Ghz AMD Athlon 2000+ chip in my desktop. If I upgrade
> my
> > RAM to say 1GB and put at least a 128MB video card in there, would that
> > make it a sufficient dedicated MythTV box?
>
> Depends on whether you want to do HD.  For my SD box, my backend is a
> Duron
> 800/256MB with 3 PVR 250's and my frontend is a P3-733/256MB.
>
> Of course, software encoding would require more juice.
>
> Mark

Timothy Waters
timothy.waters at gmail.com
http://www.e-Waters.org
205-587-9001

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove
all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is easier to denature plutonium than to denature the evil spirit of
man." Albert Einstein(1946)