[mythtv-users] MythTV Hardware Recommendations - Stability is the Key

Owen Mehegan owen at nerdnetworks.org
Thu Jun 29 02:35:03 UTC 2006

I just bought the following stuff from Newegg for a total cost of
$350 including shipping:

Aspire X-QPACK case
MSI PM8M-V motherboard
Celeron D 310 2.13 ghz processor
1G Crucial memory
Asus V9520 AGP video card (I wanted DVI out as I have a DVI->HDMI
cable for easy input to my TV)

I already had two 160G disks and a tuner from a previous Myth system,
so I reused those. The system went together easily and booted
perfectly on the first try. I installed Fedora 4 and Myth, and while
not everything is working perfectly yet, it watches TV and does
everything else well, and has been rock solid and nice and quiet so
far. Highly recommended.

--
owen at nerdnetworks.org (Owen B. Mehegan)
'Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit,