[mythtv-users] Question about channel names in the frontend

valerio.mariani at hispeed.ch valerio.mariani at hispeed.ch
Thu Jun 29 09:49:42 UTC 2006

Good morning everyone!

I just joined the list and I have three questions for the more knowledge members. I will post them in two separate emails, so people can read only the topics they choose and answer!

I have a working installation of mythtv that is working fine and I am happy with that. I have an AMD 3000+ machine with Hauppauge PVR 350 card (ivtv drivers).
I am running ivtv 6.3 and mythtv 0.19. I am watching tv on my computer display (no tv-out used)

This is the third question:

I cannot grab listing for my country because tv_grab_ch is not working anymore. I am ok with that, but I would like the channel names to appear on my screen when I change channel with the frontend. I entered all the channel names manually in the channel editor of mythtv-setup However, when I launch the frontend and change channel, all the channels'names are set to unknwown. Could you please tell me if I am doing something wrong?

Thankyou in advance for your answer! Please feel free to be technical, I want to learn!

    Valerio