[mythtv-users] SPDIF audio problem in MythMusic only...

Rick Stone rhadenstone at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 21:01:21 UTC 2006

I set up my first Myth box last weekend.  Eventually -- and with a lot of
help from the mailing list archives -- got everything set up, but when
playing music via MythMusic I noticed a bit of audio distortion.  At that
time I was using the 1/8" analog outputs directly from my MB.  All audio
played fine through the other modules (watching TV and playing videos via
xine), but went listening to music (no matter whether it was mp3, flac, ogg
or aac) it was slightly distorted.  I decided to try the s/pdif output from
my MB directly into my receiver.  Everything worked great immediately
except, of course, when I played music, which is now sufferring from what
sounds like a sampling rate mismatch.  There's just a slight bit of digital
distortion (sounds like downsampling) no matter what I play, but only
through MythMusic.

Any ideas?  I've searched through this mailing list archive as well as the
mythtvtalk.com forums, but none of the issues really describe mine.

Thanks in advance.