[mythtv-users] Bob2x with wobbling OSD even at 50 Hz

Indulis Bernsteins indulis.b at au1.ibm.com
Fri Jun 30 02:56:15 UTC 2006

Jens,

1) is there any reason you are using Bob?  I tried it and also found it to
flicker badly.  This was also reported in other places (can't remember
where I read it!).  Try kernel - it has approx the same CPU usage as Bob,
and produces a much better result for me (I'm in Australia, 50Hz PAL).

2) check that your video card TV out (if you are using composite or
s-video) is set to 50Hz if possible

3) check to make sure that your TV is not also trying to deinterlace

I find that if I am viewing on a high-resolution screen (compuoter
monitor), then I use kernel and quickdnr as filters.  If I am viewing on
TV via TV-out I need to remove quickdnr as it makes the picture blocky and
you can see banding in colours (e.g. in the sky).

Cheers,

Indulis