[mythtv-users] Myth can't change channels on my dct2000

Owen Mehegan owen at nerdnetworks.org
Fri Jun 30 05:39:06 UTC 2006

OK, on a hunch I looked at the mythconverg database, and I figured
out where Myth is getting these whacky channel numbers:

mysql> select channum,freqid from channel where channum +---------+--------+
| channum | freqid |
+---------+--------+
| 9       | 187250 |
+---------+--------+

So, when I tell Myth to change to channel 9, it feeds channel 187250
to the channel changing app. Is something screwed up in my listings
feed? I'm getting it from Data Direct/Zap2It or whatever, in San
Francisco, CA. Or, is there some way I can tell Myth to use the
channum column instead of the freqid column when I give it channels
to change to? Not all of the channels are screwed up like this, but a
whole lot of them are. If I tell Myth to change to a channel that is
configured normally in the db, it is able to do so with no errors.
I'm SO CLOSE!!

--
owen at nerdnetworks.org (Owen B. Mehegan)
'Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.'