[mythtv-users] Occasional Audio Static

Bradley Remedios bremedios at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 06:26:40 UTC 2006

I've just upgraded my system to a PVR 500.  I have a few questions
that I hope that other people may be able to answer.

Previously, I had some a software tuner (WinTV bt878) which has now
been replaced.

The picture quality for the PVR-500 is really good, with the exception
that the colors seems a little washed out and green.  I looked up
filters and tried some of the default filters that was suggested (the
adjust filter) although I did not see a real improvement.  Does anyone
have a suggestion on what can be done, or a pointer to some
documentation that may help me figure this out.

My next problem, is that occassionally when switching channels (or
starting a recording) all I will get for audio is static.  This is not
linked to a particular channel, but just happens from time to time.
The weird thing is this never happenned with my previous tuner.

Lastly, has anyone had any luck getting an ATI 9800 working with the
composite out and ATI drivers?  I've gotten VESA working reliably but
that is really slow.

I can sometimes get the ATI drivers working by doing a combination of
running ati-config, the gui ati-config and restarting X, but it seems
that most of the time it doesn't leave the TV-Out portion in a usable
state.  And the settings never seem to hold over reboots.

Info:
Fedora Core 4
Intel P4 3.0
ASUS P4P800-Deluxe Motherboard
PVR-500
WinTV BT878 (was working now removed)
2.6.15-1.1831_FC4smp
ivtv-0.4.3-103.rhfc4.at
ivtv-firmware-enc-2.04.024-8.at
ATI 9800 AIW connected to SD TV via Composite Cable
--
Bradley Remedios