[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase doesn't run automatically any more

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 22:00:42 UTC 2006

On 2/27/06, BlackCamera <chnewcomb at ev1.net> wrote:
>     I've never been able to get mythfilldatabase to run as it is in the
> setup.  I've alway had to run it as a cron job.  This is taken from
> Jared's site...

<snip>

> Personally I think this is one of the best ideas to run it this way.

The best way to run mythfilldatabase with version 0.19 is to let
mythtv run it at any time of the day and to allow it to use the
suggested run time from zap2it. This lets zap2it balance load on their
servers and gives you the best opportunity to receive timely program
updates.

Using a cron job with a randsom start time used to be the be best way,
but no longer.

-Dave