[mythtv-users] Installation was fine but no audio on Live TV.

Bradley Remedios bremedios at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 07:03:15 UTC 2006

On 3/1/06, R <rawgarlic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok.  I pulled the audio out of the Line-In and put it in the Mic jack.
> Still no Audio.

My old tuner (which I think was also a BT878) had both the audio out
(that you can connect to your sound-card) and an audio-capture
component.

Try running an audio mixer and see if there are any other capture
devices present.  I got mine working by setting up the mythtv to use
/dev/dsp1 which was the Tuner card.  After I did that everything
worked.  I never bothered to try running it through the sound card
once i got it working.

Old Card: Hauppauge WinTV (61381 REV D423) with conexant 878a

Hope this helps.
--
Bradley Remedios