[mythtv-users] Missing Files

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 2 15:22:50 UTC 2006

On 03/02/2006 06:39 AM, Neil Bird wrote:
> Around about 28/02/06 17:31, Jeff Clemens typed ...
>
>> So a couple of shows that should have recorded this weekend show up as
>> recorded in the GUI, but when you try to select them for viewing, myth
>> cannot find the file.
>>
>    I ran through my backend log and the standard messages log file and saw
> absolutely nothing amiss;  the program 'started', got put into the d/b, and
> later on 'finished'.  The file just never appeared AFAICS.
>
>    Of course, I can't guarantee that it didn't for some reason get deleted,
> but there's no [myth] log to that effect.  A friend here, after I've mentioned
> it, has noticed recordings disappearing/not every appearing off the same make
> of DVB card now he's looked.

Any chance someone (even a robot) is getting into your MythWeb?  A
robot's requesting links from MythWeb can result in deleting files (same
for a malicious user).  If so, you're lucky it's only been a few.

Check your http logs to see if there were any delete requests (ones that
include the parameter "delete=yes").

Mike