[mythtv-users] Installation was fine but no audio on Live TV.

Bradley Remedios bremedios at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 17:56:03 UTC 2006

On 3/2/06, R <rawgarlic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bradley, That worked - a bit too well.
> I changed mythtv to use /dev/dsp1 instead of /dev/dsp
> and boom the speakers had sound!

Sounds great.

> Now when I exit "Watch TV" and esc the mythfrontend,
> the audio (of the last TV channel) is still flowing
> from the speakers.
>
> How do stop the audio when I stop the video?

Is the cable still connected to your audio in on the sound card?  If
so try removing it, maybe the audio wasn't coming out of the card
until /dev/dsp1 was used.

I don't think that there was any playback option for that card on my
computer, just record (unfortunatly it is no long in my computer so I
cannot check.).  If there is playback try muting the playback (but
leave the recording enabled.)

Hope that helps
--
Bradley Remedios