[mythtv-users] Digital Capture

Patrick A. Ouellette pat at flying-gecko.net
Thu Mar 2 18:04:00 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 01:13:28PM -0800, adam wrote:

> Actually. I was vague. I have the Hockey package with cable provider,
> but it's on the digitial channels. I want to be able to record/watch
> digital broadcast.

If your cable provider has a box with firewire out that would be your
best bet.  More than likely the hockey is encrypted since you are
looking at the package, not just local games available over the air.

You may need to upgrade to a HDTV box to get the firewire connection (if
you don't already have an HD box).

Good Luck

Patrick Ouellette                 pat at flying-gecko.net
kb8pym at arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM
Living life to a Jimmy Buffett soundtrack
"Crank the amp to 11, this needs more cowbell - and a llama wouldn't hurt either"