[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase updates icon location

Tom Burt benefici at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 2 18:44:14 UTC 2006

On Thursday 02 March 2006 19:20, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/02/2006 12:25 PM, Tom Burt wrote:
> > Is there a way to stop mythfilldatabase from updating the location of
> > channel icons? I carefully moved all icons to a directory that is
> > accessible from my front-end machine and also updated the table 'channel'
> > accordingly but mythfilldatabase reverses my changes. I'm refreshing data
> > with the command mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 /tmp/TV_tvb.xml
>
> mfdb only updates the channel icons if there is no value ('' or 'none')
> for the icon field.  Are you sure something else isn't happening?
>
> Mike

This is in the database now:

mysql> select xmltvid, icon from channel where name = 'AB 4';
+---------+---------------------------------+
| xmltvid | icon                            |
| ab4     | /mnt/big1/myth/channels/ab4.gif |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Now I run mythfilldatabase with the command above, then:

mysql> select xmltvid, icon from channel where name = 'AB 4';
| xmltvid | icon                           |
| ab4     | /root/.mythtv/channels/ab4.gif |