[mythtv-users] Normalizing audio?

Sasha Z kleptophobiac at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 03:21:30 UTC 2006

My two tuners have differing audio levels. Each channel has its own
audio level. The whole thing is a pain because I'm constantly
twiddling the volume control across huge ranges and blasting myself
every now and then.

Would it be possible to have myth autocalibrate itself by listening to
each channel for a few minutes during non recording time, and then
figuring out an offset to send to the card during recording so that
all recordings have at least somewhat similar volumes...? My
television does this auto audio gain control very nicely, and it's
very cool. PBS doesn't blast the crap out of me, and FOX isn't so
quiet that I have to go to 100% volume.