[mythtv-users] nuvexport how to disable noise reduction and deinterlacing

WiFi Fun wififun at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 04:59:24 UTC 2006

I have a new myth2ipod script almost complete. The video files are
iPod firmware 1.1 compatible. It uses the nuvexport patch, and does a
better job of cleaning up file names. It also will generate the
cutlist from mythcommflag and use it if you so choose.

I need a bit of assistance though in solving a problem. I modified the
ipod nuvexport plugin with necessary changes for the 1.1 iPod
firmware. I also changed a few of it's default encode settings and set
the nice level to 19 to try and speed things up a bit. I want to give
the user some options to disable noise_reduction and deinterlacing
because right now I can't get better than 4 fps on the encoding task.
If I run nuvexport from the command line, and say no to those 2
questions then encoding flys closer to 30fps. Looking at the man page
for nuvexport, I only see a way to turn these features on, not off.
The generic.pm file in nuvexport/export has the defaults for these two
setting, so I changed the defaults from 1 to 0. This did not seem to
do anything for the iPod.pm plugin. So, now I am stumped. How can I
turn this off, so encoding times become reasonable for some users?