[mythtv-users] Low volume on second PVR-150

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 3 06:17:09 UTC 2006

On 03/03/2006 12:02 AM, John Biundo wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> Backend logs.  If you've enabled logging to the database, these are even
>> visible through MythWeb.  (Unless something new has been added, the logs
>> are the only place to find out which capture card was used to record a
>> show. :)
>>
> How does Myth arrive at a decision about which tuner card to use for
> watching LiveTV?

Myth will first choose the lowest-numbered input (cardinputid)
associated with the video source on a local capture card, if available.
If there are no available local cards, it will use the lowest numbered
input available on a remote backend.  If no inputs are available
anywhere, it will tell you.

However, if you select the option:

Avoid conflicts between live TV and scheduled shows.
If enabled, live TV will choose a tuner card that is less likely to have
scheduled recordings rather than the best card available.

Myth will always choose the lowest-priority (I think, but may actually
just be highest cardinputid) input available.

> However, when I started mythfrontend to watch livetv, the OSD said it's
> using tuner 1.

Sounds like you've enabled the "avoid conflicts" option.

HTH.

Mike