[mythtv-users] What to do with playing HD on 'normal' TV?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 06:44:15 UTC 2006

> And, when you factor in the hours it will take to transcode each video,
> you might be better off--as long as you're not severely lacking in
> CPU--paying the $20-$40 for a 5200 for each frontend...
>
> Best of luck with whichever approach you choose.
>
> Mike

That's a good point.  I'm probably going to shutdown my myth network
tonight and 're-arrange' some hardware, while I'm looking at the guts
of these units I'll definitely make sure they've all got AGP slots to
hold a FX5200.  I was also thinking about when I transcode the files I
usually go the mpeg4, which won't help me if I use FX5200's in all my
machines.  So I guess the real solution is to just keep the HD
versions and put 5200's in them all.  Better solution than the
complicated alternatives, and it's cheap.

Thanks!

Chad