[mythtv-users] Incorrect recording length

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Fri Mar 3 07:15:30 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 15:19 +0100, Michael Krietemeyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When i watch a recording the displayed length in the osd is longer than the
> displayed length when using mplayer or ffmpeg.
> Example:
>  - MythTV: 1:07:47
>  - mplayer: 1:04:56
>
> I use version 0.19 (FC4, atrpm with apt) and a PVR-350 with PAL. The update to
> this version i made last week. Before the update everythis was OK.
>
> Another strange behaviour I got with seeking and jumping. I to watching a
> record a time and thant want to seek or jump over commercials. The result
> when pressing the forward seek button the position in osd went 30 seconds
> forward, but the showing is some time before the old position.
>
> When I leave watching a recorded program I bookmark the position. But when I
> want to start watching the recording at the bookmark I got a position some
> time before.

I'm seeing exactly the same thing. Also with a PVR-350 and also with
PAL. I'm using mythtv 0.19 and IVTV 0.4.3 on a 2.6.15 kernel on Debian
Sid. I've also run mysqlcheck and even rebuilt my recordedmarkup table.

The problem looks a bit like of old threads I found regarding a problem
with detecting PAL vs. NTSC framerates (which looks to have been
resolved in 2003). Using the wrong one I think would give the sort of
errors we are seeing. I can only find one of them at the moment:
	http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/17046#17046

Running mythfrontend with -v playback shows a framerate of 25. I'll need
to add a printf to check that keyframedist is still correct.

Is there any other useful debugging I can do?

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell

O'Reilly's Law of the Kitchen: