[mythtv-users] Troubleshooting an IR Blaster

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 08:15:55 UTC 2006

On 22/12/05, Jon Hoyt <jonhoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an IR Blaster from
>
> http://www.irblaster.info/
>
> and I've been following the IR-BLASTER_HOWTO at
>
> http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html
>
> Everything has gone relatively smoothly up till now, but I'm stuck at
> one of the last steps. When I do
>
> Code:
> /usr/local/lirc-ledxmit/bin/ledxmit-irsend SEND_ONCE JVC_RAW 2
>

> then ledxmitd.log shows this:
>
> Code:
> 0.7.2pvr150: accepted new client on /dev/ledxmitd
> Dec 20 10:31:15 mythtv ledxmitd 0.7.2pvr150: removed client
>

> Which looks OK, but the LED, viewed through a digital camera, doesn't flash.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot a problem like this?

I have to ask the obvious - do you have a remote definition called
"JVC_RAW" in your ledxmit.conf remote control configuration file?

The above command is trying to send the button named "2" from the
remote defintion called "JVC_RAW". I'm not sure whether irsend will
error out if it cannot find it.

Nick