[mythtv-users] Left over .png files

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 15:49:43 UTC 2006

On 03/03/06, James Orr <james at orrwhat.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting lots of left over .png files in my recordings directory.
>
> It doesn't seem to leave one for every recording, but it certainly
> doesn't always delete the .png when I delete the corresponding .mpg
> either.
>
> Here's my current directory listing:
> 1003_20060227213100.mpg
> 1003_20060227213100.mpg.png

.. et al

On 0.18.1, I've noticed I get extraneous thumbnails generated when I
stop a recording manually. It seems MythTV generates one and then
Mythweb does if I check the Recordings page. For such a recording, one
thumbnail has the start and actual stop times, the other has the start
and scheduled stop times. When deleting the recording, the former is
left behind whilst the latter is deleted as normal.

Nick