[mythtv-users] Can I downsize my HD mpg instead of transcoding tompeg4 in nupple?

casey dunn casey.dunn at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 16:08:00 UTC 2006

On 3/2/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:

> MythTranscode supports transcoding mpeg2 --> mpeg2.  I think most
> people tend to use it to trim the beginning 'junk', the commercials,
> and the ending 'junk' from their recordings, but I don't see why you
> couldn't use it to re-encode your mpeg2 files to a smaller size
> (resolution AND bitrate).
>
> Good Luck!

Problem is I can't seem to find where to set that up.  The way it's looking
I'm going to have to do something with userjobs.

I had seen a post that one of the dev's had done a lot of work twords adding
flexibility to the transcoders and removing the filetype/codec restriction
but can't find it to see how old that might have been or if there was ever a
patch availible.