[mythtv-users] Left over .png files

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 3 18:28:53 UTC 2006

On 03/03/2006 11:04 AM, James Orr wrote:
> I don't see any reason for it to generate the thumbnails in the first
> place when I don't use them on the watch recordings screen and I don't
> use mythweb,

Because 26KB is negligible compared to the size of the recording, and if
you ever happened to use MythWeb's recorded programs page, waiting 5
minutes for "just in time" bookmark creation is not acceptable.
Therefore, creating them /before/ they're needed makes sense.  If you
want further reason, search the lists for things like "odd pauses when
starting recorded shows," "slow responses by mythfrontend menus" and ...

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/185892#185892

And, since you're not the first to "mention" this, I created a patch on
ticket #1384 to change the label to match the help text (i.e. say that
the option only affects display, not creation, of thumbnails).

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/185474#185474

>  but I don't mind them being there as long as they go away
> with the actual recording.

They always have for me.  Are you sure you're never deleting files
outside of mythfrontend/MythWeb?  Are you getting any messages in your
backend log?

Mike