[mythtv-users] Normalizing audio?

Sasha Z kleptophobiac at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 20:44:24 UTC 2006

Indeed... and I don't think it would be unreasonably hard to
implement. Here's how I would do it (considering that I don't know c++
that well):

I would use the "normalize" OSS program to figure out what the average
volume of about ten minutes of audio from each channel and each tuner.
I would average all the data over all the channels and all the tuners
to come up with a universal average. Then I would plug in volume
offsets into the channels table so that the tuner's volume would be
set to a level that would compensate that channel to be as close to
the average level as possible. The whole thing would require minimal
modification to myth itself (or could if a dev wanted it to be an
integral feature) and could be done with any decent scripting
language.