[mythtv-users] MythTV Version Recommendation

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 22:53:56 UTC 2006

On 3/4/06, LP Tilly <mail.list.lawrence at gmail.com> wrote:
> MythTV has been around for a few years and I've been following it (
> and this list ) off and on since mid 2004.  Even then it looked like a good,
> solid solution and a lot of companies would have released it as a final
> product.  The fact that this hasn't even gone past 0.2 yet shows a
> dedication to "getting it right".

It has got past 0.2. It's up to 0.19. You know that the version number
is not a decimal number, right? I.e. 0.9 is followed by 0.10.

>  So, if I wanted to go with .19, would you suggest I pull from subversion or
> go with the latest tarball?  My guess is subversion for the most recent
> fixes, but I appreciate feedback / suggestions.

I would suggest you try the 0.19 packaged release and if you have
problems then try SVN 0.19-fixes or SVN head. Don't assume that
because some people have reported problems with 0.19 that you will -
there are plenty of us running it without any issues.

Steve