[mythtv-users] How do I change encoder number

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Mar 4 04:02:52 UTC 2006

On 03/03/2006 10:01 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Paul Wilson wrote:
>
>> I have been trying to get a particular card working so MythTV thinks I'm
>> up to encoder#8 , I assume some internal or database field is
>> incrementing this.
>> How do I rename this (#8) back to encoder number 2?
>>

> The easiest way is to enter mythtv-setup, delete all your cards,
> reconfigure them in the order you want them to be in.  Anything else
> requires tedious database editing and is prone to error.

Definitely true that the database editing is tedious and prone to
error!!!  Note, also, that you *must* select "Delete All" to reset the
AUTO_INCREMENT value.  If you individually select rows to delete, it
will not reset.

For the database editing approach, see:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/63269#63269

Also, note that it really doesn't matter what the cardid is...  Changing
it is a lot like asking your cable company to change your account
number.  ;)

Mike