[mythtv-users] Dvico Fusion 5 lite driver? How to install?

Steve Skarda steveskarda at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 13:56:16 UTC 2006

On 3/4/06, David Roni <maestroni at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  I am having trouble locating a how to for installing a Dvico fusionHTDV 5
> lite card.
> I read a post about a kernel 2.6.15 update from a month ago so I ran the
> yum upgrade command in Fedora Core 4 hoping it would be covered.  Can
> someone please help me with instrucitons for installing this driver or
> kernel or anyting that will get my card going?  I am reaching my wicks end
> and do not want to go back to windows.  I probably don't need to mention
> this but I am a new to linux and getting the kernel from cvs.

I have the Fusion Gold.  Not quite the same driver but a vanilla kernel did
it for me.  I followed a howto for a vanilla kernel upgrade.  I went to
2.6.15 using this howto:

but that is for ubuntu.   Google 'vanilla kernel howto Fedora'.  It was
pretty straight forward.  Only mistake I made initially was I didn't check
smp kernel which caused hyperthreading not to be enabled.   Enabling that
and recompiling made a huge performance improvement.