[mythtv-users] xorg 99% cpu with bob deinterlace

Nick Bartos spam1001 at 2thebatcave.com
Sat Mar 4 17:45:38 UTC 2006

I am using bob deinterlacing and most of the time my xorg process is
eating up 99% of the cpu.  I have a dual core CPU so other things don't
really lag but still it is worrysome.  Also it's a Pentium D 3.2GHz so it
must be doing quite a bit to eat up all of that.

If I use xvmc it drops to almost nothing, but that introduces other issues
(I have had the screen lockup, and often the osd has shadows or something,
and some other intermittent quality issues), so I run it without xvmc.

I tried all the other deinterlacers that are in the menu (but nothing
under "custom filters"), but bob seems to work the best.

I had a previous install with knoppmyth (now it's ubuntu), and the xfree86
process did the same things.

The input is from an adaptec AVC-2010 (hardware encoder like the pvr 150).

Are other people seeing this too?

Are there any other really good deinterlace options that can be added on?
I tried to get my nvidia 6600 tvout to work without having to deinterlace,
but no luck yet.