[mythtv-users] Mysql timeouts in 0.19 lead to no upcoming recordings

sam sam at davidoffdotcom.com
Sun Mar 5 16:23:19 UTC 2006

Wait, wait, I _know_ this has been brought up before, but I still can't
seem to find a solution.

I'm running Debian unstable, mythtv 0.19, and mysql 5.  Almost every day
my upcoming recordings schedule goes blank and I have to restart the
backend to get things back on schedule.  The problem appears to be a
lost connection with mysql, things like this

2006-03-05 10:30:31.292 DB Error (AddNotListed):
Query was:
SELECT record.recordid, record.type, record.chanid, record.starttime,
record.startdate, record.endtime, record.enddate, record.startoffset,
record.endoffset, record.title, record.subtitle, record.description,
channel.channum, channel.callsign, channel.name FROM record  INNER JOIN
channel ON (channel.chanid = record.chanid)  LEFT JOIN recordmatch on
record.recordid = recordmatch.recordid WHERE (type = 1 OR type = 7) AND
recordmatch.chanid IS NULL
Driver error was [2/2006]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
MySQL server has gone away

Now, I've read all the threads, and I realize there's some debate about
whether this is a mysql bug or a mythtv bug, fine, I just want to get my
box working again.  I tried changing the interactive_timeout in my.conf
to 24 hours instead of the default 8. No dice.

Any other settings I can change?  Patches to apply?