[mythtv-users] 0.19 and manual recording

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 5 19:18:09 UTC 2006

On 03/05/2006 01:57 PM, Stefan Haflidason wrote:
> On 3/5/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> On 03/05/2006 07:15 AM, William Kenworthy wrote:
>>
>>> Is there an alternative way to just record until I say stop?
>>>
>> Nope.  Not with Myth.  With other (non-PVR-type) applications, perhaps...
>>
> Unless he was watching the channel in live tv and pressed 'R', right? That
> is of course little use in terms of automation.

Still no.  If you're in LiveTV and press "R", MythTV will begin
recording the current program and will end the recording at the end of
the current program.

If you have no guide data for MythTV to use to determine the appropriate
length/name of the recording, it will record for 30 minutes or 60
minutes (don't remember which) and give the recording a very bad name
(which is why manual recordings are better than LiveTV recordings when
you have no program listings--they allow you to set an appropriate stop
time and recording name).

Mike