[mythtv-users] nvidia (or other) tv-out without deinterlacing?

Nick Bartos spam1001 at 2thebatcave.com
Sun Mar 5 21:16:59 UTC 2006

I read a few scattered notes about being able to do tv-output with an
nvidia card without having to deinterlace, but I can't seem to get it to
work.

I have tried various modelines using 720x480 resolution (which is what I'm
capturing at) and 59.94 Hz refresh rate.

Has anyone actually gotten this to work.  It would seem to be ideal if
deinterlacing was unnecessary.

I know the pvr-350 can do a tv-output without deinterlacing, but I don't
want the mpeg2-only restriction on playback.  Has anyone been using
anything else?