[mythtv-users] changing brightness and saturation?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 5 21:56:42 UTC 2006

On 03/05/2006 04:37 PM, Bob Cottingham wrote:

>On 3/5/06, Charles Lesburg <charles at lesburg.com> wrote:
>

>>I've got a PVR-150 on a dedicated backend machine, and my recordings
>>(on either of my two frontends) are a bit dull and overbright.  I was
>>able to use ivtvctl on the backend machine to adjust the color
>>saturation and brightness, but each time I change the channel during
>>live TV viewing, the values get reset.  Do you know of how to set the
>>values permanently?  I didn't see anything in mythtv-setup, but maybe
>>I'm just blind...
>>
>To change the color (saturation), brightness, hue and contrast in the
>recording press 'G' (each press will select between color, hue,
>brightness and contrast) with 'Left' and 'Right' changing the value.
>If you want to change the display color and not the recording then use
>the 'F' command (you will need to enable it in the settings).  Before
>using 'G' make sure it really is the PVR-150 that has the color
>problem and not your TV-out.

Also note that these settings apply per channel.  So, if you adjust the
settings on one channel, you'll need to replicate them across your
others.  While you can do this with MySQL, it's probably safer to use
MythWeb's channel setup to change all the values to be the same as the
values for the channel you just fixed.

Mike