[mythtv-users] smart update and upgrade causes tv to be static

Peter Judge peter at judge.co.za
Sun Mar 5 22:08:57 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 21:42 -0800, Gabe Rubin wrote:
> I upgraded my ivtv, and I think I have things working.  I think my
> previous problem was that I was trying to use ptune.pl and really, I
> should have used ivtv-tune to set my channel.
>
> Each time I restart now it screws up the channel ivtv is on though,
> and while I modified myth-load.sh (a script ratpoison executes on
> startup) to include /usr/bin/ivtv-tune -c 3, I think this is a little
> bit of a kludgy hack.  Nevertheless, unless someone can tell me the
> proper way for the channel to be set to 3 each time ivtv is loaded, I
> will have to continue using this script.

I do the same. It works fine, except for one case. I start the backend
as a service in FC3, and if I reboot and the backend starts recording
immediately on startup I still get static. This is because the mythtv
user hasn't logged in yet and so the myth-load script hasn't run. It
doesn't happen to me very often so I'm not worried about it.

I suspect that Myth should be doing this since it is one of the settings
for the input connections (not sure if I have the name right, it's the
combination of capture card and channel source).

Does anyone know if this is fixed in SVN, or should I log a bug?

Regards,
Peter