[mythtv-users] Resolving Conflicts not working like I thought?

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Mon Mar 6 10:08:49 UTC 2006

On 3/6/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'll be happy to post up my settings if necessary, but I'll save the
> space if not.  Here's the situation:
>
> I record Las Vegas (at anytime on that channel [5_2]) at 8pm, it's 1
> hour.  At 7pm AND again at 10pm is Nova which I also record at anytime
> on that channel (7_2).  So MythTV (when viewing from Mythweb) will
> throw up a red C for Las Vegas and record the 7pm showing of Nova
> instead of recording the later showing of Nova AND recording the Las
> Vegas.  Times again are 7pm for Nova, it's 2 hours; 8pm for Las Vegas,
> 1 hour; and Nova (same episode) again at 10pm for 2 hours.  Nova
> **does** have a higher priority, but with the later showing I thought
> that was resolved.
>
> I can (and do) resolve them with overrides, but I'm curious what I'm
> missing to have this be 'auto resolved'.

There is a setting somewhere, that controls whether higher priorities are
moved on conflicts or not.
If that setting is off, then higher priorities are always recorded at the
first opportunity.

Niels Dybdahl