[mythtv-users] LiveTV auto recording? Harddrive filling up.

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Mar 6 14:44:49 UTC 2006

William wrote:
>> Is there a way to disable the 'feature' though? I use the
>> same partition (/mnt/store) for mythDVD and need to delete
>> LiveTV recordings manually. Also with all the LiveTV
>> recordings taking up all the space I can't tell how much
>> space I have free for actual recordings.
>>

> I would also like a way to either immediately delete live tv files or never
> create one in the first place. In the 3 years I have been running myth I
> have never felt a need to save live tv.  The only live tv I watch is CNN
> headline news. If I want to watch something else, I record it first and
> delete commercials.
>
> Perhaps it would be possible to have the autoexpire task delete live tv
> files as soon as the system detects you are no longer watching live tv.

Autoexpire will delete it when it is necessary to delete it to make room
for other recordings or within X days which is a configurable setting.
This has been discussed ad naseum on this list before, during, and after
the 0.19 release and there isn't any reason to change the behavior as it
works.

Kevin