[mythtv-users] mythfontend/Mac OS X/play videos?

charles at lesburg.com charles at lesburg.com
Mon Mar 6 17:20:08 UTC 2006

All,

One of my MythTV frontends is an iMac (20" LCD; really nice!).  I am using a precompiled mythfrontend which I found on the web.  Watching live TV and previously recorded bits is fine.  However, I don't get any sound when I try to play mp4 video files using the internal video player.  When I try to use mplayer or VCD as the command, nothing happens at all.  I can open the mp4 files using QuickTime, or MPlayer, or VCD from the normal window manager.

Is there anyone on the list who uses a Mac (OS X 10.3.9) frontend.  If so, can you provide recommendations for setting up for video watching?

Thanks in advance,

-cal