[mythtv-users] Very Slow EPG - Need to restore (or delete) all channel icons

Noel Murphy bnmurphy at rogers.com
Mon Mar 6 19:44:46 UTC 2006

Hello,

So I almost never bring up the EPG but I did on the weekend. This is
the first time since the upgrade to .19

It was unusable slow. I looked at the logs and see that it trying to
find the channel icons and they don't exist. They used to, but don't
anymore. A couple things here confuse me.

1. They used to be in /home/mythuser/.mythv/channels/, but the logs
are looking in /root/.mythtv/channels. They've never been in the root
folder. They used to be in the mythuser folder. The channels folder
is still there, but it is empty. The root/.mythtv folder doesn't even
have the empty channels folder.

2. Using the tip from Jarod's site, I thought I'd restore my channel
icons. The first line worked (the perl script that creates
iconmap.xml) and sets all the url files in the /tmp folder, but the
2nd line does not. It tries to connect to the database and then I get
this:

| Attempting to contact the master backend for rescheduling.  |
| If the master is not running, rescheduling will happen when |
| the master backend is restarted.                            |

But I know the backend is running. Any thoughts? I've tried this as
mythuser and I tried to sudo it, in case that was the issue.

3. I'd be willing to do without the icons even. Is there a way to
blanket delete them all from the Database, using the UI? (I can run
an SQL statement if required, but I'd feel more comfortable not)

Noel