[mythtv-users] LiveTV auto recording? Harddrive filling up.

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Mar 6 21:14:53 UTC 2006

On Mar 6, 2006, at 4:04 PM, Danesh wrote:

> This turned into quite a thread. I guess I can live with the liveTV
> recordings auto-expiring, I'll just go in and change the programs I
> want to keep to not auto-expire and use the amount of free disk space
> to leave space for my dvds / music (is this done from myth-setup?).

I believe so. I don't think the option is in the front-end setup, so
myth-setup would be the place to look.

> Some of the replies to this thread have been quite unexpected because
> it seems to remind me of some other company we all know and love. i.e.
> We believe it should be done this way and this is the best way of
> doing it so let our users conform to it. Anyway as I said earlier,
> I'll try adapting to the new system and being more careful about whats
> set to auto-expire, etc.

I'm a user - just like you (not a myth dev) and I like the way it's
done. In fact, they got so many complaints about the old
implementation that it was changed to this way. (Why can't I hit
record in the middle of a program and have it record the whole thing
instead of from the point when I hit record? And yes.. it was my
biggest complaint about 0.18.)

> Btw, hypothetically speaking if I start watching a show and then exit
> back to the main menu, does it keep recording the show on that
> channel? What if I flip channels.. does it keep recording the previous
> show on another tuner (I have PVR-500)?

No idea. Try it and see? :) I vaguely remember people talking about
30 minutes, but I might have dreamed that.