[mythtv-users] mythfrontend "follow me" feature

Mike Grusin mgrusin at comcast.net
Mon Mar 6 22:52:31 UTC 2006

This sounds a lot like something I once read in an article about Xerox PARC
(Palo Alto Research Center, it's a think tank where people think up amazing
things, most of which never see the light of day).  Anyway, a researcher
there made little serial-number IR beacons that people could clip to
themselves, and then he installed IR sensors in a bunch of rooms.  He then
did things like programming the phone system to be able to follow people
around and route calls to the nearest handset (each person had a custom ring
pattern).  This was 10 years ago and would be obsolete today due to
ubiquitous cell phones, but it would be pretty neat if Myth frontends could
do the same thing.  (Maybe the IR bug idea could be recycled via LIRC?)

-Mike G.