[mythtv-users] LiveTV auto recording? Harddrive filling up.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Mar 6 23:52:32 UTC 2006

On 03/06/2006 06:17 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/06/2006 04:04 PM, Danesh wrote:
>
>> This turned into quite a thread. I guess I can live with the liveTV
>> recordings auto-expiring, I'll just go in and change the programs I
>> want to keep to not auto-expire and use the amount of free disk space
>> to leave space for my dvds / music (is this done from myth-setup?).
>>

> Also, remember the frontend setting:
>
> Auto Expire Default
> When enabled, any newly recorded programs will be marked as eligible for
> Auto-Expiration. Existing recordings will keep their current value.

Oh, and, "No.  They're not in mythtv-setup."  In frontend settings on
the page "General (Advanced)":

Extra Disk Space (in Gigabytes)
Extra disk space you want on the recording file system beyond what
MythTV requires. This is useful if you use the recording file system for
data other than MythTV recordings.

And in frontend settings on the page "General (Basic)" (where you'll
also find Auto Expire Default"):

Auto Expire Method
    -Oldest Show First
    -Lowest Priority First
    -Weighted Time/Priority Combination
Method used to determine which recorded shows to delete first.  LiveTV
recordings will always expire before normal recordings.

Auto Expire Priority Weight
The number of days bonus a program gets for each priority point. This is
only used when the Weighted Time/Priority Auto Expire Method is selected.

LiveTV recordings Max Age
AutoExpire will force expiration of LiveTV
recordings when they are this many days old.  LiveTV recordings may also
be expired early if necessary to free up disk space.

Mike