[mythtv-users] Bob + 0.19 = stutter after Pause/Channel Change (was: Re: 0.19 bug report: video skipping frames in SVN revision 9263 (from today))

Nick Bartos spam1001 at 2thebatcave.com
Tue Mar 7 03:39:38 UTC 2006

> I *think* this issue was introduced by one of the SVN versions.

I am running 0.19 (not svn) and have the problem.

> Is anyone successfully running Bob deinterlacing with 0.19 and not
> experiencing
> a stutter after pausing or changing channels? If so, what version of 0.19
> are
> you running, what video card, and what output type?

I didn't have problems until I got my resolution to 720x480.  When it was
at 800x600 I didn't see the problem at all.  However when running bob at
that resolution my CPU would often stay at 98+% b/c of xorg.  After using
the smaller resolution for a bit the cpu utilization for the xorg process
wasn't using as much, but I couldn't test for long because the stuttering
was way too annoying.  I am using nvidia 6600 (driver 7676, svideo out).