[mythtv-users] how to send patch for mythburn

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Tue Mar 7 05:05:15 UTC 2006

On Monday 06 March 2006 5:30 pm, Paul Harrison wrote:

> >> If the patch is to update the version on sourceforge you can send it to
> >> me and I'll take a look.
> >> mythtv (at) dsl.pipex.com
> >>

> > Maybe you will allow me one suggestion without a patch:
> > It seems that the file "AUTHORS" in the mythburn-ui repository is actually
> > a tgz file (containing the mythpone sources it seems...). Since it is
> > rather large, maybe you would want to consider removing/updating it.
> >
> > 	Ronald.
> >

> Should be fixed in cvs now.

I'd love to see a patch that integrates mythburn-ui into the normal mythplugins
build framework. I'm trying to hack/build it locally on a Gentoo machine without
any luck. I keep getting this:

# make
g++ -c -pipe -Wall -W -O2 -march=i686 -mcpu=pentium3 -pipe -D_REENTRANT -fPIC  -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -DQT_PLUGIN -DQT_SHARED -DQT_TABLET_SUPPORT -I/usr/qt/3/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/libs/libmythtv -I/libs/libmyth -I/usr/qt/3/include -o main.o main.cpp
distcc[11721] ERROR: compile (null) on localhost failed
In file included from main.cpp:21:
recoptions.h:13:25: programinfo.h: No such file or directory
In file included from main.cpp:21:
recoptions.h:67: error: `ProgramInfo' was not declared in this scope
recoptions.h:67: error: syntax error before `>' token
recoptions.h:68: error: `ProgramInfo' was not declared in this scope
recoptions.h:68: error: template argument 1 is invalid
recoptions.h:68: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `selectedList' with no
   type
recoptions.h:69: error: `ProgramInfo' was not declared in this scope
recoptions.h:69: error: template argument 1 is invalid
recoptions.h:69: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `useCutlistList' with no
   type
main.cpp: In function `int mythplugin_run()':
main.cpp:135: error: `PREFIX' undeclared (first use this function)
main.cpp:135: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
   function it appears in.)
distcc[11720] ERROR: compile main.cpp on localhost failed
make: *** [main.o] Error 1
Exit 2

Obviously programinfo.h is missing, but that's a mythtv src header file. Plugins
shouldn't normally need that sort of thing. Either mythburn-ui needs to be cleaned
up to support the standard mythplugins build scripts, or mythtv's source needs to
be modified to make programinfo.h available to plugins.

I don't know enough about either program to know where to start.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net