[mythtv-users] how to send patch for mythburn

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Tue Mar 7 13:13:22 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 07 March 2006 6:16 am, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> > On Monday 06 March 2006 5:30 pm, Paul Harrison wrote:

[...]

> Are you trying to compile the plugin standalone? The plugin is designed
> to compile like _all_ other plugins at least
> official  ones.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm trying to compile it like all other plugins
using Gentoo ebuild scripts. I think mythburn-ui requires the MythTV main
source code. I don't think that is how the other plugins work.

> It will only compile from within the plugins directory.
> You need to run 'qmake mythburn-ui.pro'  so
> it can then pickup its setting for  'PREFIX' and all the other settings
> required to compile and link like include paths
> from the mythplugins build directory.
>
> It needs to find both the mythplugins source and the mythtv sources.

Is that how the other plugins work? AFAIK they only need the mythplugins
source. I'm running 0.19-fixes from a few days ago. The plugins and main
source are distributed as two separate tar.gz's originally, so as I'm trying
to make an ebuild I have to deal with those files.

What is the build directory structure supposed to look like? Should I
unpack the plugins inside the main source tree? Then put mythburn-ui in
the plugins dir?

I've tried a few combinations of things like this without success so far.
Does the mythtv source have to actually be compiled before I can attempt
to compile mythburn-ui?

> Due
> to recent changes in svn HEAD to how
> the MythMainWindow is found it won't compile with any revision after
> r9156. It should work with the fixes branch
> with no problems.
>
> Hope this helps. To be honest I don't wont to spend any more time on the
> old UI. I want to concentrate on the
> new one.

:) We're already talking about a new UI when no code has been officially
released for the old UI. Is there any code available for the new UI yet?

I just want to see some sort of mythburn working with 0.19. It's the last
piece of the puzzle to get a fully functional 0.19 now that most of the
LiveTV issues have been resolved in 0.19-fixes.

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net