[mythtv-users] nvidia (or other) tv-out without deinterlacing?

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Wed Mar 8 03:47:31 UTC 2006

Nick Bartos wrote:

> I just did a quick search and it looks like there are nvidia cards with
> component output now.  I think I might go try one of those...

*nod*

I have one of those.  MSI NX6200AX is the least expensive one I found
(about 60 US dollars on newegg).  6200 GPU, component out, passive cooling.

So far, I've just turned on 480i (set is an older Toshiba HD 4:3
projection), and the picture looks a heck of a lot better than the
svideo out that I had with the MX440 card.

I'm going to try the 1080i tonight after I get home from work.