[mythtv-users] Best Sat receiver for Dish Network

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Mar 8 04:41:03 UTC 2006

I've got recording from Dish Network working, but I have to manually
set up the channel, due to not having an "RF Blaster" to change the
channel on the receiver's second output, which has a UHF remote, not
an IR one.

So, I'm going to see if I can get an additional satellite receiver
for my Myth system.

Any suggestions as to which one is easiest to control ?? Is there a
model with serial control ?? I'm only looking for SD.

Suggestions appreciated, thanks as always.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org