[mythtv-users] DVB Subtitles causing jerks

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Wed Mar 8 09:34:32 UTC 2006

> Following up my previous post titled "Squeezing more performance out of
> my system" - I've located the reason why playback on one of my frontends
> are jerking - sometimes when the subtitles change to the next one, it
> jerks very slightly - like dropping a single frame.  It's much worse
> with "Live Subs" it'd jerk a lot.

Ahaa, this might explain why I also have jerk, but only on certain channels,
and only sometimes. I will try to check if it is the subtitles that does it.

I don't have an answer to what to do, but I don't think it is the processor
as I have a Athlon 2000+ here.

It is really irritating, one reson why I have been looking at VDR lately.

Dag