[mythtv-users] Frontend window shifting after watching TV

Stefan Haflidason styrmis at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 8 13:36:49 UTC 2006

On 3/7/06, Stefan Haflidason <styrmis at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Since upgrading to 0.19, the following happens when I watch TV and switch
> back to the menu:
>
> - At startup the frontend fills the screen ok. It is set to be a window,
> and is using settings that work fine for aligning the frontend initially.
> - If I then watch TV, and come back to the main menu, the window will be
> moved down and to the right, which is of course not where it should be.
>
> Selecting 'use GUI size for TV playback' fixes this issue, but introduces
> other major problems for me.
>
> I am using KDE 3.4. The setup worked fine in 0.18; does anyone know what
> changed regarding the UI's placement behaviour?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Stefan.

This also occurs with Gnome, so I assume that this is not a typical WM
configuration issue.

My settings are:

width: 642,
height: 545,
Y-off: 15,
Use GUI size for tv playback: No,
Hide mouse: Yes,
Frontend as window: Yes.

The only problem now is this odd shifting that occurs after returning from
live tv.