[mythtv-users] MythVideo 0.19: DB == Flat List == why?

Cheetah fastcat at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 16:16:15 UTC 2006

On 3/8/06, Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 12:13:36AM -0500, Cheetah wrote:
> > So Please, Pretty Please, can we have the folders view back in
> > metadata mode?  Or, evil that it may be, make this yet another
> > checkbox in the settings page (e.g. "Show flat list in non-browse
> > mode")?
>
> Eh. What's wrong with checking both the "Video List browses files" and
> "Video List Loads Video Meta Data" checkboxes in the MythVideo setup?

1) Personally I find the list view rather cumbersome as for most
operations it requires twice as many key presses as the gallery view
(e.g. descending a directory requires a right arrow to go in, and then
another right arrow to move the highlight over to the contents of that
directory).  Also, the immediate visibility of the cover file in the
gallery is nice.
2) Metadata filtering is not available in the popup menu in views that
are set as "browses files".  In the gallery and browse views, the F
key can still access the filter settings, but they have no effect.
3) Metadata filtering doesn't work at all in the list view as far as I
can tell - no matter what filter I select, it does not hide any files
or folders.

--
    -- Cheetah