[mythtv-users] Nuvexport to iPod job

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Mar 8 18:53:40 UTC 2006

> Chris, quick question about the --gencutlist addition. Does it do the
> mythcommflag generation, and then does it remove it later? I resized
> something about my implementation in the myth2ipod script that does
> not effect me, but may others.

All it does is call `mythcommflag --gencutlist` before running the
export, regardless of whether or not there already IS a cutlist.

> Basically I generate the generate the cutlist with mythcommflag, then
> remove it afterward. This is fine, unless someone already had a
> cutlist for the file. Opps. In this case, I think it may override it
> with the new one generated. I should first check to see if there is
> already a cutlist, if so, use it, then only remove it if it generated
> the cutlist to begin with. Any thoughts?

It either overwrites or merges (pressing Z while editing in the frontend
merges, but of course that's a different program).

It would be easy enough to do that in nuvexport -- it already knows
whether or not a program has a cutlist, and deleting afterward is easy
enough.  Feel free to send me a patch, or at least put in a ticket so I
don't forget to do it.

-Chris